Monday, March 30, 2009

so, i started running tonight. a few days ago i decided to give it a try- i've never been a big runner, but with my yoga space being much more limited in my new apartment, and my inability to get my bicycle up and down the narrow stairwell without hurting myself... i just need a new outlet. i'm not entirely convinced it's going to stick (i went 2 miles, running about 1/2 the time, and 3 hours later i'm still wheezing and coughing...) but i'm going to try it out for a while.

2 comments:

madorange said...

i absolutely love running! i've been running for about 20 years, more or less, and it's the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes. (although right now it is making my body fall apart. no fun.)

i hope it works out for you. give it a couple of weeks and it might grow on you. and doing the running/walking thing is the best way to ease into it.

happy running! :)

GraceKathryn said...

Slow jog... slooooow. I did the OKC half-mar (13.1 miles) last year and only jogged about 1/2 the way. But I completed it! Persistence is key.