Friday, April 25, 2008

ballpoint pens not allowed.


i'm making preparations to start biking to work. and i feel like a wuss. when i first started walking in september it was over 90 degrees both on the way there and on the way home, not to mention to >90% humidity pretty much all the time.

now, it's in the mid-80's and i can barely stand it. it's only april! i just keep thinking, "what on earth am i going to do over summer?!? i'll die!"

so. i bought a fancy schmancy super mega bike lock, and i'm on the hunt for a front basket to put on my little orange yet-to-be-named road bike. we even found a couple routes that will keep me off main roads for the most part. gonna test them out this weekend.

it's not like this plan is going to save me from the hellish heat, but it should cut the time down from 45 minutes to about 15. plus, you know, the bike breeze :)

also, i feel like a slug (or caterpillar at most) when i don't get any exercise, and i don't want that.

but i'm still terrified of getting my bike stolen. or getting hit by a car. so it goes.

today is the end of 'roid week :(
it was a good one, though.

p.s. the term "front basket" makes me giggle a lot cause it reminds me of hermes' "front butt" in the new(ish) futurama movie. "kiss my front butt!" it's classic.

1 comment:

jessica said...

this post made my heart race!
maybe it is just the coffee.
nope, i'm pretty sure it was this blog!