Thursday, June 11, 2009

me and gene.

i made a new friend on my run this morning. i first noticed it when i was about a block away. it looked like a kitty sitting in the middle of the road. as i got closer i decided there was no way someone would let a cat that big run around outside, so it must be a smallish dog. from the way it was sitting and the shape of its head i decided it was probably a small german shepherd or something. as i was passing it (i didn't have my glasses on, my eyes are terrible, so yes, as i was passing...) i was delighted to discover that it was a fox! bright red with little black feet... and he just sat there and watched me as i passed. i see fox (foxes? i never know.) in my neighborhood all the time, but they usually scamper away as soon as they realize they're not alone- but when i turned around to see if he was gone he had laid down, and his head was still turned around watching me.

if he's there tomorrow i'm naming him mr. wilder.

3 comments:

keri said...

hope he isn't sick, and that's why he didn't move.

erin. said...

he looked okay... but it's not like i'm a fox expert :) but when i went by again about 10 minutes later he was gone.

Juli said...

how cool! i only see bunnies on my morning outings. and i suppose they are glad that there are not foxes in the neighborhood.