Friday, October 8, 2010

week one: overview.

my new favorite picture ever:


things have been going.... okay? smoothly? as you might expect? i mean, there's a brand new baby here. one that had to wait 5 super unpleasant days for my milk to come in. one that now seems to be surgically attached to my boobs. i sleep in 2 hour allotments, and i have to time my showers ever so carefully. and even then it seems like as soon as my hand touches the shampoo bottle it sets off some kind of alarm only babies can hear, and it usually turns into feverishly hair washing and guilt ridden showers. because even if i COULD just jump right out and grab the little papoose, the only thing i'd accomplish is getting him wet too. i'm guessing he wouldn't like that so much.

anyway.

i'm also dealing with postpartum hypertension, which is awesome. basically i'm not supposed to get out of bed aside from changing diapers or mixing up a protein shake. we had to make a trip up to the hospital yesterday to try and get our hands on some (really effing important) paperwork that they neglected to give us a copy of (long story short: the 300 year old woman in the records dept had no idea what we were talking about, and ended up giving us a copy of our birth plan. OUR BIRTH PLAN. the one that WE gave to THEM. ugh.), and when we got home my blood pressure was 150/108. not so great. back to bed.

so that's my life. changing diapers. shooting milk out of my boobs. laying in bed watching Intervention. hating the army for keeping sean from being here all the time. anticipating the day i'm allowed to go to the store to pick up milk without having to find someone to drive me there. seriously, i have a whole new outlook on these people who WANT c-sections.... they are mentally handicapped.

luckily, i get lots of little moments like the one pictured. i get secret smiles from henry while he's sleeping, and they're so cute it breaks my heart.

No comments: